JOIN OUR TEAM
At The Y We seek people who are interested in people and want to make a difference! At the Y, we get the job done through professional staff members who possess — and will model in their work with those we serve — our four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The Y is more than a job; it's a career! The Y has a wide-reaching system of training and development opportunities. With more than 150 years of experience, the Y knows that its mission is achieved one person at a time — carried out in the hearts and hands of each caring and skillful staff member.
The Gateway Family YMCA provides a fun, learning and safe working environment. We offer health and fitness, aquatics, membership, child care centers, and day camps in Elizabeth, Rahway, and Union. Housing and social services are also offered at our Elizabeth Branch. Our YMCA provides many opportunities for employment in either a full-time or part-time capacity – year round or seasonal.
As a staff member you will have the opportunity to support our mission and to strengthen the foundations of community.
Full-time staff is offered:
- a competitive salary
- vacation pay
- an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- participation in the YMCA Retirement Fund
- tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance program
- excellent training and career development opportunities
- membership opportunity
- reductions on program fees
- a pleasant and supportive work atmosphere
Part-time staff enjoys:
- flexible work schedules including evening and weekend hours
- training and career development opportunities
- a pleasant work environment while obtaining invaluable work experience
To learn more about employment at the Gateway Family YMCA, contact Director of Human Resources, Marilyn Phinn, at email@example.com.
The Gateway Family YMCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, health and community service organization of caring staff and volunteers who are dedicated to providing quality services to people of all ages, races, faiths or incomes.